The narratives we create for ourselves influence everything from life-changing decisions down to what we eat and how we spend our free time, but what exactly is a narrative and how do you go about creating a positive one that pulls you in the direction you want to go in life?
What to Listen For
- How do you justify a career change if you already have the “perfect” job?
- What is the one thing you take with you every time you leave a job for a new one, and how can you use that to minimize the regret you might feel for leaving a great job?
- What is a narrative and why are they so influential when it comes to how we think and make decisions?
- If you feel you are overanalytical, how do you use it as a strength while making sure it doesn’t cripple you in social situations?
- What can you do to make networking an enjoyable process rather than something you feel like you have to do in order to grow professionally?
- How do you become more likable as a coworker?
- Why is likability more important than hard skills when it comes to being promoted in the workplace?
- What can you do to increase your value if you feel hindered in the dating pool by a disability?
- What does it mean to hang on to gifts and memorabilia from past relationships and what does it mean to get rid of them?
- Can you ever truly stop comparing yourself to others or is it human nature?
You are what you eat – everything you put in your body either makes you healthier or sicker. The same can be said for your narrative – everything you do either strengthens your narrative or weakens it.
For example, if you believe you are not worthy of a promotion at work, you will make decisions every day which strengthen that narrative. However, if you wake up one day and make the choice to believe you are worthy of a promotion, then you can take conscious action to reinforce that narrative by developing positive relationships with your coworkers and supervisors as well as making sure your supervisors know you’re getting the results which make you worthy of the promotion.
Over time your belief in yourself will override the narrative that was holding you back and the new positive, healthier narrative will take its place.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Feals is Premium CBD delivered directly to your doorstep. Feals naturally helps reduce stress, anxiety, pain, and sleeplessness. New to CBD? Feals offers a free CBD hotline and text message support to help guide your personal experience. Become a member today by going to Feals.com/CHARM and you’ll get 50% off your first order with free shipping.
Resources from this Episode
Check in with AJ and Johnny!