Storytelling is the glue which has held humanity together over tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of years – but why are stories so important to us, what goes into creating a great story, and what can you do turn any story from your life into a great story worth telling?
What to Listen For
- Why is storytelling such a valuable skill to have in personal and professional relationships?
- What can you do to tell engaging and compelling stories?
- Why is your storytelling ability important for making new friends, building a network, and dating?
- How does your storytelling ability make or break your performance in sales?
- Why do many of us focus on the wrong things when telling a story and how is it hindering you socially and professionally?
- Why are stories so powerful in conveying information and connecting us?
- How do you structure a story so you’re captivating the listeners and they can’t help but remember you?
- What is the Hero’s Journey and how has it been used throughout history to structure famous stories in mythology, religion, and literature?
- What are 8 steps can you follow to turn any story into a great story?
- How do you turn an average story into a great story?
- What are the do’s and don’ts of storytelling?
- What do people connect with most in stories and what puts them off?
- What is the “curse of knowledge” and how does it hurt your ability to tell great stories?
Humans have likely been telling stories since we first stepped foot on this earth. It is one of our defining features in the animal kingdom and it is the thing that enables us to live and work together in groups, from families to communities to companies to nations.
Storytelling is indeed an art, but an art with a structure. This structure has been passed down through the ages and can be found throughout the world in various cultures, which means it can be taught and learned. If you want to create strong relationships in your personal life and professional life, then you need to become a great storyteller.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Share your vulnerabilities, victories, and questions in our 17,000-member private Facebook group at theartofcharm.com/challenge. This is a unique opportunity where everyone — both men and women — celebrate your accountability on the way to becoming the best version of yourself. Register today here!
Skillshare is an online learning community with thousands of classes for creators, entrepreneurs, and curious people everywhere. You can take classes in Film and Video, Marketing, Productivity, and even Entrepreneurship! Join the millions of students already learning on Skillshare today with a special offer just for our listeners: Get two months of Skillshare for free by going to Skillshare.com/CHARM.
Equal Parts is here to help you get into the flow of home cooking, with inviting cookware and coaching designed to introduce new ideas and keep you engaged with the process of cooking, one step at a time. Get into the rhythm of the kitchen, with friendly and inviting cookware, coaching, and guidance from Equal Parts. All with free shipping and free returns. Visit equalparts.com and use discount code CHARM get $50 off any cookware kit over $200!
Resources from this Episode
Check in with AJ and Johnny!