How To Get Back With Your Ex Girlfriend
Want to know how to get back with your ex girlfriend? While there is no one size fits all approach, there are some common things that can help you reconcile with the woman you love. It’s not all that hard, if you know what to do and what actions you absolutely should avoid.
Here are some of the tips and tactics that have worked for so many. You may have to make some minor adjustments, but the basic principles still apply:
1. Don’t talk to your ex. It’s important that she really thinks that the relationship may be over for good. If she thinks that you’re desperate and just waiting in the wings for her to make up her mind, she will take her time and you’ll go crazy in the meantime. Let her miss you.
2. Go out with your friends. I know this may sound like odd advice, but it’s important for your ex to hear through the grapevine that you are living your life. You want her to know that if she doesn’t make up her mind she may lose you forever and that you’re not just sitting around waiting.
3. Figure out what changes you need to make to be a better partner to your ex. No one is perfect and even if you weren’t the one who made the majority of the mistakes in your relationship, you are still the one who can make the changes. Only you can change you. That’s where you need to start.
4. In most long term relationships there tends to be a meeting in the middle and sometimes that means that you have given up doing some of the things you used to love to do. If that is the case, return to the activities you used to love but just haven’t had time for when you were with your ex.
5. After you’ve done the things listed above, it’s time to talk to your ex. You need to calmly call her up and let her know that you are still in love with her and after careful consideration, you think that the two of you can make it work this time. Ask her to meet you if she feels the same way.
If she says no, than be noble and walk away with your head held high. You have nothing to regret. You were big enough to open up and let her know how you felt, you were willing to make changes so you could continue to grow as a person and you tried.
6. If she agrees to meet than make that first post breakup encounter light and fun. Don’t worry about solving all the issues on this date, just have some fun and relax with each other. Set up a time to meet and discuss the issues, but not now.
7. When you meet to discuss the problems make sure you set ground rules first. Each of you has to only concentrate on themselves.
8. Get help if you need it. You have to be very careful that you don’t get sucked back into the ineffectual pattern of behavior the two of you used to be in, a therapist and even a self help book can guide you through this process so you don’t make that mistake.
Use these tips on how to get back with your ex girlfriend. They don’t work for everyone, but they work for most people, if you take the time and put in the effort.